11 April 2016

About Things

Instead of my usual ramblings I wanted to share some recent thoughts of mine in a creative-writing kind of way. I have little free time but I always find those precious moments to think...


About Pens
You know you are an adult when you go to the store to by pens. It's always been the kind of thing that's part of the house, just like furniture, your family, food... Pens were always there - scattered in places, always old, some with a company logo on them, some are cheap that you never ran out of.
And then one day you realize that there are no pens in you house. And just like the groceries you need to regularly buy, the need to supply what usually has always been there, pens - pens are one of those things. One of your little responsibilities.


About Kisses
When someone's tongue feels as if a hand is recklessly searching through a cupboard's bottom drawer, you are not having a good kiss.




About Time Alone
I am great at being alone - I never get bored. Whenever silence rises and I know the door is closed, that is when I begin my job as a private tutor in the school of the universe. I tell you about things - exciting things, things you have never heard before, in the broadest variety of subjects. I usually choose one language to do it with, mostly English, as I imagine a young child (preferably a shy virgin boy, I like them fresh) ravenously devouring my knowledge with all his abilities of perception. I enlighten, teach, criticize - but support. I walk around the rooms, I make impressive hand gestures, sometimes standing in front of the mirror, as I talk, and talk and talk. I am giving you seminars on life.
My mom does the same.


About Children
I would like to have a child, one child. For whenever Boris is going to gigs and I am left the weekend alone. We would have quality time, do things, go for a walk, eat ice cream, take pictures of us outside, watch cartoons and wait for dad to come home and bring us something interesting from Poland, south of Germany, Italy... Then we will be together again.


Maybe I will continue this.

Maria Alexander

14 comments:

  1. I love this post!!!! And I would say we have some things in common. Since I live with Misca, now we can afford having only purple pens at home. I enjoy spending time alone, procrastinating, reading, thinking, just being alone and relaxed is amazing. About children, I would also like to have children in the future, maybe 3 or so, but I think it will be imposible before 35. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks! I love red pens, they're fun XD
      one child would be enough for me, make them anxious with great expectations for being the only child, start life with a rough beginning, as it should be.

      Delete
  2. lovely poetic posts. I talk to myself all the time too (not in another language, since I'm not talented like that). As someone who can speak many languages fluently, do you find yourself thinking/talking to yourself in a different language, depending on the thought/emotion? Like one language is better suited towards a different moment? just curious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's definitely how I think and talk! I wanted to write a post about it too, what every languages means to me. Sometimes if I talk in one language for the entire day, like German for instance, I catch myself thinking in it during the day as well. It depends hehe

      Delete
    2. That's very cool! I'd be interested to know about how you use different languages.

      Delete
    3. That's very cool! I'd be interested to know about how you use different languages.

      Delete
  3. Definitely agree on pens. Then there are jobs that require you to have a pen with you which makes them disappear even faster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there are jobs that supply you with pens, unlike my current one XP

      Delete
  4. Das ist wirklich interessant, über die Sache mit den Stiften habe ich vorher noch nie so nachgedacht!
    Ich bin auch unheimlich gern allein, manchmal reicht die Zeit gar nicht...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha freue mich!
      Freizeit gib´s nie genug hehe

      Delete
  5. I loved these texts! Especially the way you assimilated the kiss with a tongue and a hand searching around a cupboard! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. "about children" ממש נגע ללבי, במיוחד בתור בחורה שסולדת מכל הקשור בהקמת משפחה או הבאת ילדים, הפשטות והכנות של הקטע ריגשה אותי מאד. את כותבת נהדר.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. או ואו תודה רבה!! נוגע ללב לקרוא את התגובה שלך! משהו בי תמיד מציק לי ואומר לי שאני יכולה לכתוב יותר טוב חח

      Delete