22 February 2015

Saint Laurent S/S 2015 psychedelic rock menswear

I normally oppress myself from enjoying high fashion, because of animal cruelty, capitalism and since my blog is too punk for this shit (besides, The Mutant Stomp Friends knows all about high fashion so I always update myself in her blog).

But you see, I cannot be ambiguous towards long haired men with opened button up shirts (-heavy breathing-) and as this collection really speaks to my recent bohemian inspirations I have decided to share it with you.

All pictures taken from Style.com. Here are some of my favorite looks:



I think this style connects very well with different kinds of music and the subcultures among them. This looks will go great with them post punkers, hipsters and hippies. 
I also think that every outfit has a casual and going out potential- take off that jacket and throw on some chains and a scarf and you can go straight from work to sitting at a lake with a beer (gawd I miss our park hangeouts at summer. Wish it would come already).

Like don´t you just want to tie them all together and fuck them?


So of course you can say that this Saint Laurent guy or whoever is it in charge of that sold out corporation has been looking at pictures from Woodstock and copied everything. 
But isn´t is awesome? I mean a lot of things came back in fashion already, and if you are tired of the 80s as much as I am this is a lovely way to spice up your otherwise stereotypical batcave attire (lol nothing against trad goth fashion, you know I am being sarcastic).


You can watch the entire show here:


Also, if you loved the background music you can listen to the entire album by Mystic Braves, in case you want to mingle in the psychedelic rock genre some more but are too modernized to listen to original bands from the 60s.

What do you think? Is this a rip off? Would you wear something like this or combine it with other styles? 
All I know is that Boris has been dressing like this since I´ve known him and I am "finally" catching on. I have plans on updating my wardrobe this year so this definitely triggered consumerism in me.

Have a wonderful week everyone!
N. Finsternis

9 comments:

  1. I love this whole collection and see myself wearing most of these. I love love that striped poncho and hat look in the top 4 and the granny square blanket. I've been seeing the granny square lately and I find myself liking it despite myself. (and thanks for the mention!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not into ponchos but the scarves and the vests definitely did it for me. Ah hell everything did it for me in this collection hehe.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowowow, this is awesome! I don't care about boys, I would like to wear such clothes by myself :D. (ok, honestly, I do care about boys in nice clothes).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally am rarely impressed by models on menswear shows, but this time they got me :P

      Delete
  4. This is great, I love men's fashion! <3

    unknownprettylies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally don´t, which is why I was happy to find this to my liking :)

      Delete
  5. I love most styles! I do tend to dress like that, combining many subculture styles, rather than sticking to just one. My boyfriend dresses like that but on the more rock side if it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cool! combining different styles is the best :)

      Delete